Rests perfectly in the palm of your hand
- Small but powerful
- Designed in Sweden, made of Sandvik Steel
- Optimal hardness for all-round kitchen work
- Protective canvas sheath included
- Blade length 90 mm (3,5")
A knife for more than peeling
Not to be confused with a "peeling knife" (which is designed for peeling and not much else), the paring knife is meant for detailed carving and cutting and getting the final shape and presentation of every ingredient just right.
Unique knife handle
With the help of outstanding chefs and designers we have created a unique handle/blade that spares index fingers during long working hours. This means more comfort and less wear on your hand and fingers when working the chopping board with the paring knife
The rounded blade of the knife results in a smooth motion when chopping or carving. The sleek and "fluid" form of the handle fits perfectly in the palm of your hand.
Optimal blade hardness
Softer steel is more forgiving if you cut into bone or bend the blade, but harder steel can be honed to greater sharpness. The steel in PS knives is medium hard, 56-58 HRC.
Tips from the pros included:
With every product from professional Secrets comes a booklet with tips and knowledge on how to get the most out of your kitchen tool, like a pro. Some examples:
- Stick to one paring knife. The more acquainted you are with it, the more efficient the work.
- Keep your hands and your knife handle dry.
- Use the honing steel regularly. A pro would not even consider working with a blunt knife.
Material: Blade – Sandvik® SanEdgeTM Steel, hardness 56-58 HRC
Handle – Glass fiber, sheath – canvas
Dimensions: Blade length 90 mm (3,5"), total length 195 mm (7,7")