What's cooking in the near future? According to forecasts made by The Culinary Institute of America and published in USA Today, all (!) of the following:
• Classy comfort food – upscale versions of down-home recipes.
• Turnips. Expect to see them in exclusive restaurants and on dessert menus.
• Peruvian cuisine, Filipino cuisine, the New Nordic Cuisine, Turkish cuisine and "Next-Mex" – modern ideas applied on classic Mexican ingredients.
• Fermentation. The process is both delicious and healthy.
• Root-to-leaf cooking. An ambition to consume every part of a plant.
• More quinoa. Expect to be introduced to different varieties (there are more than 120 species).
• Pressure cookers. Lack of time meets love of slow cooking?
• Vegetables for dessert. Hence the tunips, see above.
• Japan again. Or rather: Applying French techniques on Japanese ingredients.
Read the whole article here.